BioPharmaSpec is recruiting a Business Development Manager to work alongside our Director of Business Development in achieving our aims and objectives for company growth in the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate should have a B.Sc. or equivalent and 5+ years experience in the CRO/ CMO/ CDMO sector of the biopharmaceutical industry. A strong EU/ UK network of biopharmaceutical development companies is essential. Applicable knowledge of structural and physicochemical characterization is an advantage.
As Business Development Manager, you will use your existing network and research skills to identify and qualify prospective clients and, in discussion with our scientists, develop bespoke sales strategies for each lead, based on their pipelines and analytical requirements.
Using company systems and processes, you will monitor your Business Development activities and present progress at Sales meetings, keeping senior members of the Commercial and Scientific teams up to date with leads and where support may be required with certain leads and clients.
Following client acquisition, you will be responsible for maintaining contact with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction and identifying potential future projects for collaboration.
- Identify, from your existing network, accounts that fit BioPharmaSpec's target client criteria.
- Research potential clients outside of your network and identify the best points of contact within those companies.
- Respond to direct leads from the BioPharmaSpec website or other marketing efforts.
- Develop and deliver appropriate sales strategies for each of these types of leads, within BioPharmaSpec brand guidelines.
- Maintain contact databases, including lead generation and monitoring, using Salesforce, and generate reports as required.
- Maintain excellent relationships with other departments within BioPharmaSpec and bring scientific colleagues into client discussions as required for lead development and closure.
- Using your territory and client knowledge, respond to requests from marketing colleagues to help develop material for lead generation.
- Proactively suggest marketing activities aligned to your prospective clients, territory and target market.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of BioPharmaSpec's structural and physicochemical characterization services and how these analyses are applied to different biopharmaceuticals.
Submit Your C.V.
Applicants should send a full CV, along with a covering letter or e-mail, for the attention of Lindsay McGowan, Director of Business Development.