BioPharmaSpec is a US and UK-based contract research organization (CRO) providing analytical characterization services including the structural and physicochemical testing of biopharmaceuticals such as biosimilars and biobetters, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), gene therapy products (e.g. AAV vectors), peptides, blood circulating hormones etc.
We are recruiting a Lab Technician/ Operations Assistant to provide professional and efficient operational, administrative and procurement support to the Operational Services at our laboratories in Jersey, Channel Islands. Applicants must have local residency status.
Responsibilities will include:
- Chemical logging, monitoring of lab stock and lab consumables,
- Providing lab support when required, including preparation of reagents/buffers and setting up and calibrating instruments (after sufficient training),
- Receipt and booking in of samples for analysis,
- Sending out samples to sub-contractors and liaising with the relevant third parties,
- Lab house-keeping including general organisation, glass cleaning and organising the disposal of chemicals,
- Assisting in the management of BioPharmaSpec’s quality system.
Reporting to the Director of Biochemical Services, the post holder must be highly organised with the motivation to support the operation of the laboratory. Previous experience is desirable but not necessary as training will be provided. This position is full time with the possibility of flexible working hours.