Our Malvern, PA based laboratory is currently recruiting Junior Scientists to assist with our biopharmaceutical analysis protocols, principally by Mass Spectrometry, HPLC and associated classical microchemical techniques.
Job Duties include:
- Assisting our expert scientists in preparing and carrying out analytical experiments and data assessment on products produced by BioPharmaSpec’s clients
- Assisting in the preparation of analytical reports
- Assisting in the development and application of Bioinformatics protocols for data analysis
- Assisting in the preparation and review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Receiving and logging of client samples
- Receiving and logging of chemicals, reagents, etc.
- Monitoring and maintenance of laboratory equipment
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Biology
- An interest in the molecular structure of biomolecules
- An aptitude for logic, attention to detail and the precise handling of scientific data
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics and/or Python programming would be advantageous
- Good laboratory and benchwork skills
- A background in analytical chemistry or biochemistry with a knowledge of mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography (HPLC/UPLC), protein and/or carbohydrate sequencing and experience of microchemical manipulation on a nano- or pico-scale would be advantageous.
- Good computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis in Excel and complex spreadsheets