The post holder will be responsible for providing professional and efficient operational, administrative and procurement support to the Operational Services of a busy laboratory. Reporting to the Director of Biochemical Services, the post holder must be highly organised, methodical, proactive and with the motivation to support the practical operation of the laboratory.
Previous practical experience in a similar role is desirable, however not crucial. Competent computer skills along with good verbal and written communication skills are key to the role.
Ideally this position is full time, although for the right person, consideration will be given to part time, term time or flexible working hours. Applicants without 5 years residency are welcome to apply.
The position is based in Jersey and offers a competitive salary package; including private health care, an attractive bonus scheme and private pension.
Job Duties include:
- Chemical logging, monitoring of lab stock and lab consumables.
- Providing lab support when required, including preparation of reagents/buffers.
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and liaising with manufacturers as needed (after suitable and sufficient training has been provided).
- Receipt and booking-in of samples for analysis.
- Sending out samples to sub-contractors and liaising with the relevant third parties.
- Lab house-keeping including general organisation, glass cleaning and organising the disposal of chemicals.
- Assisting in the management of BioPharmaSpec’s quality system.
- Clearing of customs duties.