Our Jersey (Channel Islands) based laboratory is currently recruiting a Lab Technician/ Operations Assistant to provide professional and efficient operational, administrative and procurement support to the Operational Services of a busy laboratory.
Reporting to the Director of Biochemical Services, the post holder must be highly organised with the motivation to support the operation of the laboratory. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. This position is full time with the possibility of flexible working hours.
The position will be based in Jersey. All applicants must ensure they have the relevant employment and residential licences in place prior to applying.
Job Duties include:
- Chemical logging, monitoring of lab stock and lab consumables.
- Providing lab support when required, including preparation of reagents/buffers.
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and liaising with manufacturers as needed (after suitable and sufficient training has been provided).
- Receipt and booking-in of samples for analysis.
- Sending out samples to sub-contractors and liaising with the relevant third parties.
- Lab house-keeping including general organisation, glass cleaning and organising the disposal of chemicals.
- Assisting in the management of BioPharmaSpec’s quality system.